The Pair Family (Japan Branch)

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

past my prime :(

Well this weekend I went down to Nagano (the place where they held the winter olympics a while back) and participated in an ALT soccer tournament. We took a charter bus down there and arrived at 2am. We got 5 hours of sleep before waking up for breakfast and had our first game at 9:30am. This was a pretty big tournament and had teams from all prefectures north of Tokyo and a few south of Tokyo. For the Fukushima team we had around 26 guys and therefor people weren't going to get to play as much as they liked. Over two days we played 5 games and after our strong start fell apart. Our record for the tournament was 2-3. Although it was the first time most of us had played together we should have done better. But subbing was a problem with some people staying in for the whole game in some situations. Over all it was fun but I did get a nice sunburn on my face. I definately didn't play like I thought I would be capable of but I also didn't embarres myself. The trip was a good chance to get to know other ALTs in Fukushima.

Today Noah has a runny nose and a temperature so Naoko and I took him to the hospital to get some medicine. Other than he can't really breath through his nose he seems to be doing fine. He is still a very active boy even when he is sick. I think Naoko will take tomorrow off work though to look after him.

Thanks mom and dad! I got your package today and am relieved to get the deoderant. All the snacks are great too. Noah really likes the frog you got for him and is already trying to feed it yoguart.

Well thats all for now. I got to get to bed. I will post a pick later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home