The Pair Family (Japan Branch)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

life as normal


Well this last weekend was pretty normal. Naoko has been working overtime at work so had a relaxing weekend. My throat had been hurting all last weekend but the medicine I got from the doctor did the trick and now my voice is back to normal. The whole trip the doctor including the medicine was just over $10. Not too shabby. As far as work goes Monday and Tuesday I was at my small school of only 66 students. I started teaching them the songs Hokey Pokey and This is the way which the whole school will be singing at the up coming (in November I think) UFO Festival. Classes went smoothly and I had fun with the kids playing soccer during recess. At this school (Aoki Elementary) there is one teacher (6th grade) who I worked with at Tsukidate Elementary so it was nice to see a friendly face when I started working at this school.

Naoko had to work another two hours of overtime today. But she isn't as tired as she usual is after she works overtime so today must have been a good day for her. Noah is also doing well. He is practicing everyday at his daycare for Undoukai (sports day). He like this one game where you toss red or white bean bags into a basket on a pole.

One thing that is kinda troubling me about Noah is that every morning he wakes up around 5:30am and then gets me up. He then processes to push me physically towards the frig and says natto over and over again. For those of you who don't know what natto is, it is a foul smelling dish of fermented soy beans. Japanese people in the northern part of the country apparently love the stuff. But trust me it is nasty. And now Noah loves it too. I don't know what I am going to do...

thats all for now.

enjoy this pic of Aoki Elementary school students enjoying Nagashi Somen (Noodles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home