The Pair Family (Japan Branch)

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

New (for me) Car

Well it was been quite a long time since I blogged so please forgive me.

Recently I purchased a car for myself and would like to tell you a little about it.

It is a 1996 Subaru Vivio Bistro















This mean green machine sports a 658cc 48hp water cooled serial 4 cylinder SOHC engine so you know can get to where I'm going in a hurry!

As you can see I like the retro look and am seriously considering buying a derby hat for when I'm driving.
Of the luxury items this car is equiped with there are many.

- 4 wheel drive
- electronic CVT automatic transmission
- power windows
- power steering
- faux wood accents
- air conditioning
- analog clock
- rear defrost
- rear wiper
- heated side mirrors
- 5 doors

Oh yes, the lap of luxury for me, empasis on the lap. The Subaru Vivio Bistro is a Kei car. Kei cars are small to say the least. The Bistro is about 3.2m long by 1.4m wide by 1.4m tall. It weighs around 760kg.

This car will be my commuter car to and from work. We will still be using our main car (Honda SM-X) for going out with the family on the weekends.


Lastly for a '96 this car only has 75,000km on the speedometer which isn't bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home